Saturday, September 24, 2005

A Recipe For Humiliation: (Part II of III)

To make this deplorable dish of Humble Pie you will need the following:

1 part Dashing Litigator
1 part Crazy Actress
Add to this duo 2 steins of German Beer.

Let sit in Brauhaus and marinade in a sauce of accordians, keyboards, muzak, saurbraten, and weinerschnitzel. Add a dash of 'Hilda', (our server) and a pinch of 'Mexi' (Germany's answer to John Tesh) for extra flavor.

After 90 minutes, transfer the two to Carole's Karaoke 'blender' to mix it up a bit. Throw in equal parts drama queens, rednecks, misfits and nightcrawlers.
Add to this any karaoke song that has a cat reference...for that seems to drive the pair into a tizzy of PDA.
Add 2 bottles of Bud Light.

Pour this mixture into a beautifully rehabbed pad - er pan and cook at 350 degrees for 2 hours. Be sure to add the red wine, dark chocolate, Frank Sinatra hits, slow dancing, moon watching and lip locking.

Watch closely.

You'll know the Dish of Humiliation is ready when the crazy actress begins to bubble and overflow. When she erupts with the words, "I have a dating blog and there is more than one post about you, dear dashing litigator."

Bon Apetit.


Me? I may just eat crow...or perhaps the egg that is on my face.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmmmmmmmmmm.

Well, I'm confident that Dashing Litigator will understand that the blog started out as a way to vent your frustration that all the high-quality men seemed to be in hiding.

I must say I have always been very impressed by the sensitivity and care you have shown toward your dates on this blog. Even when the dates turned out to be duds, you've been careful to not let their actual identities be known, in deference to their privacy. And even then you didn't take any cheap shots at the worst of them.

From what you've said about DL, I'm sure he'll understand, and he'll recognize your respectful approach to your writing. And since he obviously means more to you than any of the other men you've written about, I assume there are a lot of intimate details that we mere readers WON'T be getting in the future. :-)